Our approach to the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree sets you apart, when you first enter the job market and long after.
Problem-Based Learning...and 44 weeks of clinical experience and patient interaction starting in the first year at the School of Physical Therapy's Community Clinic give you unmatched skill and confidence.
DPT Program Highlights
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- 50,000 sq. ft. facility featuring both large and intimate spaces to support individual and team learning
- Hands-on experience in the UIW Community Clinic, health fairs and community education
- Faculty nearly twice the size of the mean core faculty size in the U.S.
- Opportunity to participate in interprofessional service learning opportunities locally and in Mexico, Germany and Italy
The Entry-Level Doctor of Physical Therapy program is designed for individuals who have earned a bachelor's degree but have not yet earned a degree in Physical Therapy. This 33-month program combines didactic and clinical courses to educate students to be able to address patient and societal needs through a quality education, evidence-based decision making and a commitment to serving the underserved.Learn More about Entry-Level DPT
Online Post-Professional DPT
The Post Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy program is designed for licensed practitioners who have previously earned a bachelor or master's degree in physical therapy. This is an on-line program designed for working professionals. The program builds on the institution's values of educational excellence while integrating theory and practice. Applicants to this program must hold a license to practice physical therapy in the United States and have at least one year of clinical experience.Learn More about Online Post-Professional DPT