98% overall NPTE pass rate
Why UIW School of Physical Therapy?
The School of Physical Therapy combines the best possible scientific foundation with unmatched clinical experience — delivered across many types of primary and specialty care settings and serving diverse patient needs and populations.
Success Within Reach
San Antonio offers a great place to learn and practice physical therapy. Our region offers a large, fast-growing economy that includes a significant population of seniors and military (active duty and retired).
Our Graduates Succeed
1:10 student-to-faculty ratio
40 faculty preceptors
5 major health system sites
36% expected job growth from 2014 to 2024 (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Our Graduates Thrive
You’ll find UIW School of Physical Therapy graduates working across a range of settings and specialties, both regionally and nationally.
- Hospitals and Medical Centers
- Rehabilitation Services
- Outpatient practices
- Sports Therapy
- Traveling Physical Therapy
- Higher Education
- Senior Services
Problem-based learning treats you as a highly capable and self-aware adult.
- You learn alongside a small group of (six to eight) peers guided by experienced faculty and confront and solve one-of-a-kind problems in the form of a clinical patient case.
- You take active responsibility for learning and mastering content as applied in clinical settings.
- You get comfortable with group work and gain mindfulness in how you interact with peers.
As a faith-based school of physical therapy, we offer an approach to classroom and clinical training designed to transform you from a student to a fully reflective physical therapist. That’s why we:
- operate an on-site clinic for underserved patients
- keep sight of the mind-body-spirit connection, for patients as well as you, the emerging professional
- hire more qualified faculty who love to teach and model what it means to honor the dignity of every person
- foster professional identity formation
- recruit one of the nation’s most diverse and mission-driven student bodies
- awaken in you a sense of social accountability and cultural awareness
“I think service has a big impact on change … this is Mission in action.” – Founding Dean Dr. Caroline Goulet