36% - Expected growth for physical therapists from 2014 to 2024 (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Use your hands, minds and hearts to enhance quality of life.
This 33-month program is designed for those who have earned a bachelor’s degree. A combination of small group learning, didactic and clinical courses, plus the opportunity to participate in community outreach, prepares students to pass the National Physical Therapy Examination, and then embark on a career dedicated to helping others.
- Completed PTCAS application: www.ptcas.org
- PTCAS Application Fee: Pay online through PTCAS
- Official GRE Test Scores: Submit official test scores to PTCAS using GRE Code 0341. Scores sent directly to UIW or entered in PTCAS by applicant will not be reviewed. Recommended GRE score of 150 for each component (quantitative and verbal). The Verbal GRE score is a strong predictor of success in the program
- Official College Transcripts: Submit all official college transcripts to PTCAS. 2.9 or higher PT Prerequisite gpa required. Recommended GPA of 3.0 overall, last 60 hours, and PT prerequisites
- Letters of Recommendation: Three are required, including one from a licensed physical therapist
- Verified Observation Hours: 50 hours required in at least two different physical therapy settings that focus on different physical therapy specialties (neuromuscular, orthopedic, pediatric, geriatric sports, etc.)
- Supplemental Application Fee: Applicants that apply to the program prior to August 31 will have the supplemental fee waived for the 2020-21 cycle. After August 31st, applicants must pay the $50 supplemental application fee. Students that pay the supplemental application fee prior to August 31st will not be issued refunds. Click here to pay the Supplemental Application Fee of $50.
95% - Number of UIW physical therapists working in the field (Class of 2017)