The University of the Incarnate Word School of Physical Therapy recognizes the importance of co-curricular activities in the development of our students. The school strives to provide a wide range of experiences. Student organization involvement opens pathways for students to develop their leadership skills and become people of influence in their university and surrounding communities.
The most active student organization at SoPT is student government. All students in good academic standing are eligible to run for office and are encouraged to do so. A position in student government is an opportunity to grow as a leader in your class and the profession as a whole.
Joining an organization actually brings many benefits:
- Development of leadership skills
- Practical hands-on experience
- Planning of school events
- Preparation for life's challenges
- Sharing of common interests and experiences
- Lasting friendships
How to Start a Student Organization
- Submit a New Student Organization Application
- Submit Constitution & Bylaw
- Submit a Student Membership Roster
- Complete & Submit an Agency Account Authorization Form
- Attend training provided by the Office of Academic Success and Student Affairs
For more information, download the Student Organization Handbook